What happens next
The team aim to respond to your email within 7 working days if you have supplied your email address.
In more detail
- Question: What are the reason for collecting this information?
Answer: So that we are able to re-contact the person providing the original information regarding a community concern speeding issue for additional information or to provide an update on action taken to address the problem identified.
- Question: Where is the information stored once it has been emailed?
Answer: Any information provided will be stored within the secure email system in relation to the person providing the information. The information itself if relating to a community concern regarding speeding vehicles will be shared with relevant partners within the Peninsula Road Safety Partnership if their action is required. The informants information is not shared without their prior consent.
- Question: Who has access to this information?
Answer: Peninsula Road Safety Partnership employee’s only.
- Question: How long is the information held for?
Answer: The Peninsula Road Safety Partnership will hold the information indefinitely to provide a record of community concerns, the informants information will be stored indefinitely unless they request it be deleted.
- Question: If a person wants to have the emailed information deleted, or removed from any Force database, or devices it has been saved to which email address do they send this request to and how long will the process take?
Answer: Please complete the above form. Any personal information will be deleted as soon as practicably possible.
- Question: Will you be able to email them to let them know that you have deleted all the information from your systems?
Answer:Yes, and it will also be deleted from Outlook auto email address cache after the email is sent.